Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Something old (and broken) is new again!

I picked up this old broken window from the garbage a couple years ago. It has been wrapped in a blanket in my attic all this time. Recently, I came up with this idea to fill space on my bare family room wall. Here's what I did. You can't tell from the photo, but the glass is missing in three of the openings. In order to create symmetry, I moved one of the panes so I had them where I wanted them. Next, I took some extra fabric from my family room curtains and cut it to fit inside the window squares. To get the fabric to stick, I used spray fabric starch. I layed the window face-down, placed the fabric on the window and soaked it with the starch. Once the fabric dried, it stuck to the glass. Originally, I thought the fabric would be enough but it wasn't. So, after completing my previous project with the initials in my master bedroom, I decided to use the wooden letters to add additional interest. Finally, I added the felt flower I made to round out the arrangement.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete